Doing this in community
Nearly 40 of our young adults have been saving and earning money together since Summer 2022 so that ALL may go on this pilgrimage in August 2023.
Many cannot afford to go on this life-changing pilgrimage without our help. Let’s encourage them and get to know these extraordinary young adults among us – and they will bring an extraordinary experience of God’s love back to our parish!
Pray for our pilgrims
The Holy Spirit is at work in all this! Your prayers have impact. Please pray for:
- those seeking citizenship and other clearances for travel
- strong spiritual preparation
- generous outpouring of support and enthusiasm within our parish – and the blessing of new personal connections among us
Donate for World Youth Day sponsorship
Gifts of all sizes are welcome and needed.
- Give Online: choose the “St. Ambrose Cathedral – WYD” account on the gift form’s pulldown menu.
- Cash, check or automatic giving at St. Ambrose: Be sure to note “World Youth Day” on your gift.
To pledge or discuss sponsoring a pilgrim with a major gift, contact Theresa Lewis, Director of Family Faith Formation: 515.288.7411, ext 206.
Our whole parish is participating in this food festival after the 11 AM Mass on Sunday, Feb. 19. Foods from many kitchens and cultures will be available “to go” – in return for a donation to our parish World Youth Day fund.
Please invite others — bring food — volunteer — enjoy the food and fun!
Support the fundraising activities
You can join with pilgrims, their friends and relatives in fund-raising activities. For example:
- Volunteers are selling concessions at Drake athletic events – and what’s earned goes to the WYD fund.
- On many autumn nights, pilgrims and friends cleaned Principal Park after ballgames to earn money for this trip.
- The December benefit concert and food sale added greatly to the account – and we built community.
Want to help? Contact Theresa Lewis to learn more. Watch this space and Community News for new fundraiser opportunities.
The 27th of each month: Panda Express yummy fundraiser
Eva Alexander (one of our World Youth Day pilgrims) has organized this on-going fundraiser with her employer, Panda Express near Valley West. For each meal ordered there on the 27th of any month, they’ll donate a portion of proceeds to our St. Ambrose World Youth Day Fund. More than $900 was raised in this way in December!
Here’s How to Order: This offer is specific to the Panda Express at 1580 Valley West Drive, WDM . On the 27th, simply come to the store and order. But if you order online at pandaexpress.com, please use the special code FND-55455. Select pickup or delivery from the 1580 Valley West Drive store. Submit your order, then at checkout, remember to type FND-55455 in the Fundraiser Code box so your meal order will support our fundraiser. Thank you!
Thanks to Eva, a longtime altar server and youth leader at St. Ambrose, for her leadership and faith!
Our young people of faith inspire us and give us hope! We’re proud that 2/3 of the pilgrims attending from the Diocese of Des Moines are from our own St. Ambrose Cathedral community!
It’s an act of faith for our parish to say, “We will help you go!” and for our young adults to commit to this trip. We’ve trusted that the Holy Spirit can work among us to make this possible for them. Surprises and miracles have been happening for months around this effort!
Please follow the news as it unfolds, and share the excitement.