September 10: Welcome back!
Please mark your calendars for the first day of Family Faith Formation:
September 10th, 2022 .
Unless otherwise noted, all classes and family faith encounters are held immediately following the 8:30 Mass.
Do You Enjoy Working with Children and Young Adults?
If so, please consider joining our children, teens or families on some Sunday
mornings during the year – as a part of the catechetical team or other
This is a great way to share your love of God. This program serves more than
100 families each year, and we need more older teens and adults who might:
- team-teach a class as a catechist
- assist our catechists in the classroom – welcome students, take
attendance, and participate with students. Assistants who can help with
AV equipment are also needed.
- offer hospitality — welcome at doors, bring refreshments to certain
gatherings, assist with crafts or service projects, or set-up / clean-up
- help with Family Faith Experiences (prayer and learning opportunities in
the cathedral between Masses)
- share a favorite faith topic with our parents
Could you help with Sacramental Preparation?
We have dedicated classes that prepare our young people for the sacraments of Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation. First Communion students are in Grades 2-8. Confirmation students are in Grades 9-10 (2 year program).
We need more people who will come sometimes to:
- be a presence in the classrooms, and get to know students by
- help students learn prayers
- assist with retreats, practices, and the sacrament Masses
- assist communication with parents and sponsors
Being a volunteer with Family Faith Formation may help you:
- grow in your faith
- get to know others in the parish: fellow volunteers and families
- develop new skills
- feel the joy of watching our young people share and grow in their faith
Please pray and learn more during the summer about these opportunities. Training is offered, and all volunteers in this program go through the Virtus program to protect our children.
Please contact Theresa Lewis, Director of Family Faith Formation, to learn more.
Thank you, Mercy College of Nursing, for sharing your classrooms with our Confirmation and High School students!
Please register your children
We must have paperwork for all the children who are attending classes. Please complete the registration form, or ask a teacher or helper to help you do this at class.
Faith Formation Experiences for All Ages
Sunday Classes and Family Experiences
Between our Sunday Masses, we offer opportunities for families. Please come every Sunday. Most Sundays offer classes for Parents and Grades 1-10. Some Sundays offer faith experiences for the whole family together. Please register your family for the school year.
Preschool and Kindergarten
During the 11:00 Mass on most Sundays in Sept-May, your children age 4 through Kindergarten age are welcome in the Parish Hall for a faith learning experience. Please sign up for the school year, even if you only come sometimes.
We invite our high school youth who have received Confirmation to gather with us on Family Faith Experience Sundays and to assist in a classroom with younger students on other Sundays. We also encourage you to be active in liturgical ministry or any of our Parish Life ministries. Our adults welcome your energy and ideas!
- Preschool / Kindergarten: Parish Hall during 11:00 AM Sunday Mass
- First Communion: Parish Hall.
Includes Grades 1-2 plus those in Grade 3-8 who haven’t received First Communion
- Grades 3-5 who have received First Communion: Diocesan Pastoral Center, downstairs
- Grades 6-8 who have received First Communion: Diocesan Pastoral Center, downstairs
- Parents: Diocesan Pastoral Center – Krause Hall on main floor
At Mercy College of Health Sciences – in Brennan Hall:
- Grades 9 Pre-Confirmation
- Grade 10 Confirmation
- High School who have received Confirmation
Volunteers are needed
Catechists, assistants and lots of occasional helpers are needed! Our goal is a large enough team to support our 100+ families well - even with some people gone on some weekends. Contact Theresa Lewis to learn more.