Parking for our visitors
Behind the cathedral: at all times. Enter on 6th Avenue (one-way going North).
West of the cathedral: weekends or evenings only. Enter from High Street on the driveway beside the Parish Hall.
North of the cathedral: during Cathedral parish functions only. Enter from Watson Powell Jr. Parkway.
On the street: Parking is free on Sundays and overnight (9 p.m. to 9 a.m.) Download the ParkDSM app in advance for payment.
Handicap accessible entrance is on East side of Cathedral near 6th Avenue.
Accessible restroom is conveniently just inside this East entrance.
Nearest parking spots:
- street parking on 6th Avenue.
- lot behind the cathedral. Enter on 6th Avenue just beyond the East entrance.
Rest rooms and water fountains
- Water fountains are in the vestibule near the main entrance to the cathedral. One fountain is handicap accessible.
- Two individual rest rooms are in the basement. Go down the spiral stairs near the water fountains.
- Accessible rest room is near the front of the church, on the right (just inside the East entrance of the church.)
Parish hall and offices
The matching stone building East of the cathedral holds:
- Parish Hall – entrance on ground floor, facing High Street.
- Parish offices – entrance is up a few stairs on the right corner of the building. Ring the doorbell for admission. Spiral stairs inside the turret take you to second-floor offices.
Join Our Parish!
If you are wondering whether or not to join a parish, read some of these top reasons.
- Joining a parish gives you a sense of belonging in a parish community.
- It is a commitment to practice your faith.
- It allows the parish priests and staff to get to know you better, welcome you, and minister to you. This is especially important in times of crisis so that the pastoral staff can attend to your spiritual needs.
- Registration helps you stay connected to your parish and helps the parish stay connected to you through newsletters, emails, etc.
- Registered active members can more easily become godparents and sponsors for others.
- Census numbers may help determine how many priests are assigned to a parish and how many Masses and programs are scheduled.
Did You Know? Once a child turns 18, it is their responsibility to register as a member independent of their parents.
Ready to Register? Click HERE for a form. Or call the office at 515-288-7411 and they can answer any questions for you!