Do You Enjoy Working with Children and Young Adults?
You are needed and invited!
More than 100 families rely on our Family Faith Formation program, which is run almost entirely by volunteers. Please bring your warm heart, welcoming smile and your love of God into our classes, retreats or Family Faith Encounters!
Most classes and family faith encounters are held immediately following the 8:30 Mass on Sundays between September and May.
Being a volunteer may help you:
- grow in your faith
- get to know others in the parish: fellow volunteers and families
- develop new skills
- feel the joy of watching our young people share and grow in their faith
Please pray and learn more about these opportunities. Training is offered, and all volunteers in this program go through the Virtus program to protect our children.
Please contact Theresa Lewis, Director of Family Faith Formation, to learn more.
Lead or assist at Family Faith Experiences
Twice each month, all parishioners can join our Faith Formation families for faith experiences. These take place on Sundays between Masses (9:30 – 10:45 AM), usually in the Cathedral.
These hours are devoted to prayer, Adoration, Reconciliation, the Rosary, a presentation or service project.
You can volunteer sometimes or often – to lead an activity, or to welcome & help people participate. New topics and ideas are welcome.
Prepare or sponsor RCIC young people
Between now and Easter, we need a few volunteers who will meet regularly with one or more families as their children (age 6+) prepare to receive Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation at Easter.
We’re starting an RCIC program for these families: Rite of Christian Initiation for Children. This resembles RCIA, but is tailored for young people.
This is a chance to become faith friends with a family at a special time of life!
Help with Sacrament Preparation
We have dedicated classes that prepare our young people for the sacraments of Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation.
- First Communion students are in Grades 2-8
- Confirmation students enroll in a 2-year program during Grades 9-12
We need more people who will come sometimes to:
- be a presence in the classrooms, and get to know students by name
- help students learn prayers
- offer hospitality at retreats, practices, and the sacrament Masses: welcome at doors, bring refreshments, assist with crafts or service projects, or set-up / clean-up rooms
- assist communication with parents and sponsors
Classroom catechists and assistants
Please consider a classroom of our children, teens or parents on some Sunday
mornings during the year. We need more older teens and adults who might:
- team-teach a class as a catechist
- assist our catechists in the classroom – welcome students, take attendance, and participate with students.
- prepare the AV equipment
- share a favorite faith topic with our parents
Volunteers are needed
Our goal is a large enough team to support our 100+ families well - especially when catechists or assistants must be gone on some weekends. Join us -- often, or just now and then! This work can be a real blessing to you and our families!